7/14/15

Things You Should Know About High School (3)

It's finally hit me that in one month I'll be starting my senior year of high school. In just one week my first of many lasts will begin as I go to my final band camp. I have a year of saying "oh my god this is the last time I'm going to do this" and "ha can you believe you still have another year of that."
But really, by this time next year I'll be awaiting the start of many 'firsts' in my life as a college student. And that's really weird to think about. So instead I'm gonna go back to a type of writing that I was found of, and reminisce on some of the things I've learned in the past three years.

There's no way to do it all
School is filled with so many activities and clubs and sports. Yes, it's important to try something and to do the things that you enjoy. But one important thing I learned as a freshman is that doing it all makes you a very, very tired person. My freshman year I was in GSA, band (marching and concert), concert choir, Speech and Drama, and I took guitar lessons. Let it be known that Speech and Drama had a lot of little sub-groups to join as well and I did like all of them. It was easier to balance that year because I was too young to work and it's not like I could drive so I didn't go out all the time. But I usually had a practice for something everyday, plus competitions and concerts. Add that to homework and trying to keep a social life and you've probably gone crazy. Find the things you love and stick with them, but also care for yourself. 

Stuff Happens
Sometimes you go to homecoming two years in a row with no date. (me). 
And sometimes you get sick on the day of the quiz and you forget to ask the teacher about it and they refuse to let you make it up. And yes, sometimes you will forget that today was the day you run the mile in P.E and you wear a really nice outfit with a little too much makeup to be sweating and you come inside and you can feel your face melting off and it sucks because PE is your second class of the day. (also me.)
But it's okay. 
I don't remember much of what the other kids in my grade did, and I can assure you they don't remember everything about me. I don't remember January 13th, 2014. I bet you can barely remember it either unless it's like your birthday or something. 
So everything will be okay. Just let things go a little bit. 

Kids are total assholes
Sorry, there was really no other way to put that. People can just be plain awful. You can't help everyone. There's always gonna be a group of people that you can't stand and you wanna say something, but sometimes it's better to not. (Unless they're bullying you or others then you politely kick their damn ass.) (again sorry there's just no better way to say that)
There's obnoxious girls, boys, teachers, and everything else. Just do yourself a favor and don't be one of them. 

WHEN YOU ARE WALKING IN THE HALLWAY
STAND ON ONE SIDE
WALK A DECENTLY FAST PACE
DONT STOP SUDDENLY
DONT TAKE UP THE ENTIRE HALLWAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS
AND FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING GOOD IN THIS WORLD IF YOU STEP ON THE BACK OF MY SHOE AND IT COMES OFF SLIGHTLY YOU BETTER PRAY THAT YOU WAKE UP TOMORROW

Sometimes things don't go as you planned
Between your freshman and senior year, a lot of things about you and your life are going to change. Your going to have different thoughts and opinions and you're going to have parts of your personality change. You may think that they won't. And you may promise your friends that no matter what happens you're always gonna be together, but sometimes that just doesn't happen. (trust me on that one)
Sometimes your plans change. And maybe it's for the better. Two years ago I was kinda an ass. If I didn't like you when we first met, I probably never would. I made harsh decisions about people, and I thought that certain things were funny but really they were just mean. But a lot has changed. I don't have the same close friends anymore, and I'm actually friends with a lot of the people I thought I never would like. Because people change, and thank god the people I was with did, because if I was still the way I was I wouldn't have done some of things I never knew I wanted to. I'm more adventurous and accepting. 

Yeah, high school sucks and whatnot, but, you need to embrace all the awful and make your time worth it. I hate to sound all cheesy high school movie like, but you're going to learn a lot about yourself. You're going to change and you're going to watch the people you've known for forever do the same. And then you're going to graduate and move on with your life. That's just the way it goes. So make sure you make it sometime you can look back on and not regret your decisions. 

No comments :