2/4/16

Future

The start of 2016 has been primarily spent on me trying to figure out who I really am and what I want to do. And I'm starting to come to the realization that I assume every other new-adult has had at one point: I have no idea what I'm doing. A few months ago the very idea of that outcome would've terrified me. And it's still not exactly ideal. Of course I would love to have a clear idea of what the next five years of my life will look like. But, I'm starting to understand that no matter where I am in life, I will never be able to predict exactly what's coming next. A year ago today I was a completely different person. If you would've told me any of the things that have happened to me would happen back then, I probably would've laughed. Although my life in general has a tendency to be kind of like one long joke, so I guess that's not really an uncommon thing to happen in the first place. Regardless, looking back at the past few years I've noticed one pattern: there is no pattern. Everything is one long, winding, twisted, loopy mess of a path that I never could have predicted I would take. But I'm happy with where I am. I'm happy with the progress I've made and the choices I've made. And I'm confident that I will figure everything out. Which for me, is becoming good enough.

No comments :